Re: [stp-pmc] EclipseCon 2007 planning

My apologies - sent that too early, no subject line..

On 15 Aug 2006, at 17:43, Oisin Hurley wrote:

Hi all,
Rich is the program chair for EclipseCon 2007, and he has the simple
task of bringing together all the talks, demos, etc for this conference :)

Please take a look his mail and visit the linked program committee
page - I'd like to see if we can come up with some ideas for the
conference and use them as direction in our project work!

 cheers
  --oh

-----

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to represent a track. The only holdouts are TPTP and Platform (Kevin, I assumed you could find me someone to represent the Rich Client and Java Development tracks).

Bjorn has created a new page for layout and allocations: http:// www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=programcommittee/

Please check the allocations, as I was unsure of how those who didn’t reply would like to have their 4-hour tutorials split among the new 2 hour (short) and full-day (long) tutorial format. Notice we’re not calling them VLTs anymore, based on some good feedback. With that, let me know if you disagree with the “take away” requirement for both tutorial formats (e.g. sample projects, preferably available before the tutorial).

Finally, the allocations are not fixed, as it may turn out we’d all like more long tutorials, or more short. Please indicate your preference, as we can still adjust the number of each to fill the rooms we have.

Thanks,
Rich

PS – Thanks to the perseverance of Doug Gaff, we’ve secured Scott Adams (Dilbert guy) for our first keynote! The last will be Dr. Herbert Thompson on security, and the middle one is still undetermined. Any more ideas? _______________________________________________
stp-pmc mailing list
stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx