[stp-pmc] FW: SOA Conference as discussed

Sorry for the short notice.

If there is any interest in sending a speaker to this SOA conference in Ottawa, please contact the organizer directly (Andrew Perkins [mailto:aperkins@xxxxxxxxxx])

From: Andrew Perkins [mailto:aperkins@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: August 10, 2006 3:57 PM
To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SOA Conference as discussed

Mike, I’m sorry you won’t be available to participate at the conference, but I appreciate your offer to forward this message to any colleague you might consider a good fit.

The program can be viewed at http://www.infonex.ca/inx/722/overview.html

The two sessions on August 22 we are looking to fill are described below:

11:30 - 12:30

Uncovering the Hidden Costs of Web Services Integration

  • Identifying the hidden costs of scalability, versioning and corporate budgeting in order to reap the true benefits of SOA and web services
  • Learning how to cut integration costs in order to make the organization more responsive
  • Eliminating redundant systems and processes

4:10 - 5:00

Best Practices in Web Services Adoption

  • Leveraging web services technology to transform internal and external operations
  • Using web services to break down silos restricting application functionality and content
  • Identifying best practices in web service adoption in the face of emerging technologies and standards

Thanks again for any help.

Andrew

Andrew Perkins

Manager, Sponsorship Development