Alain BOULZE
INRIA Rhone-Alpes - ObjectWeb
SOA Project Coordinator
email  : alain.boulze at objectweb.org
cell     : +33 (0)6.21.09.43.66
phone : +33 (0)4.76.61.54.65
http://www.inrialpes.fr,http://www.objectweb.org

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gaël Blondelle - EBM WebSourcing [mailto:gael.blondelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : lundi 10 juillet 2006 14:17
À : 'Alain BOULZE'
Cc : 'Eclipse STP Mailing List'; petals-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : RE: [stp-pmc] Contributions to support JBI and especially Petals

Hi all,

What we have in mind in the short term is that the JBI container could be considered as an opaque (black box) SCA sub-system and that we need some tools to handle pieces of codes that are deployed to this syb-system.

Specifically, these tools are for JBI service engine creation (specific wizards) and also to develop tools for service assembly (JBI deployment descriptors) creation.

Even if we are committed to build our tools based on the SCA core, I am not sure that in the short term we will be able to use the SCA specification to create the JBI service assemblies, and that’s why we propose to consider JBI as an SCA sub-system.

In the future, we will consider using the SCA model for JBI assembly description by leveraging our work about component based models for ESB with the Fractal component technologies provided by INRIA and ObjectWeb.

Concerning WSDL, it is clear that we will reuse the WSDL support from WTP project. But I still think that we will have to create a specific wizard in order to generate a JBI service engine from a WSDL.

Finally, as we have no plans to support SCA directly in Petals in the short term, we will work on:

-          JBI specific tools for a specific JBI supported sub-system

-          The link between this JBI sub-system and the rest of the SCA model

We want to propose those tools to STP as we think that JBI is part of the SOA landscape.

Regards,

Gaël