RE: [stp-pmc] Enterprise Component Framework creation review coming up

I completely agree with Mike.

This proposal's main focus is runtime components to support the Eclipse component model.  On the surface this doesn't appear to have complete overlaps with STP.  I think it would be a good exercise to see how/if this model could be integrated into the STP model basically as another implementation type such as J2EE.  I admit there are some concepts that appear to overlap but these concepts are so basic that we will find them in many of the projects.  The real question is in what context are they being used?

Regards,
Dan

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: stp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/31/2006 04:47 AM

Please respond to
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
STP PMC list <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'STP PMC list'" <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [stp-pmc] Enterprise Component Framework creation review coming up

Oisin,

If there is feedback regarding the proposal, I would like to suggest that
waiting for the Creation Review may not be the best time to address it. Or
at least not the only time.

There is a newsgroup (eclipse.technology.ecp) specifically for feedback on
the proposal. I would like to suggest that an open interaction with the
proposal team could be had there. I always like to encourage open debate on
proposals. Even (especially?) if there are disagreements, it's important to
air them transparently.

In addition, please remember that every incubating proposal is typically
looking for a PMC to graduate to, so an invitation for future collaboration
may be an option.

All of that said, ECP's focus on enabling an OSGi runtime seems at least to
my little mind an important differentiator.

Does this make sense?