Re: [stp-pmc] PMC meeting minutes 9may06

Mike.

Correction on late night mail - new baby in the house at -> <-.

Carl Trieloff wrote:

Mike,

I wanted to make it clear that we are out of ->initial submission (not incubation) <- and new committers need to come
through standard process - per Dan Berg's mails.

"we need to bring on more committers faster than the process allows so we need
to figure out a way to end-run the process".
NO - I DID NOT MEAN THAT. I was just going through that the only way that commiters can join the project is if a new project that passes creation review wants STP to incubate it.

STP is just starting to come together, more commiters at this point will most likely not be able to stay out of each others way. The goal of the conversation was to make sure the PMC collectively understands that the PMC can't vote commiters onto STP, group recap of Eclipse processes ( I like to make sure we cover all the mails to the PMC in our meetings). the fact that it is in the public notes
means we are not plotting anything :-)
If you have any more questions feel free.

Kind regards
Carl.

Carl.

Mike Milinkovich wrote:
-> Carl raised possibility of adding committers to the project
    by having them bring a subproject for incubation, rather than
    having a code base to bring with them.

. Implication is that their project will need to go through the usual project review cycle before it, and it's committers, can be adopted by STP.

I'm not sure I understand this statement. This could be construed to say "we need to bring on more committers faster than the process allows so we need
to figure out a way to end-run the process".
Which is the behaviour expected from people on a mission :-)

But what I don't understand is the motivation for the increasing the rate of new committer adoption. It seems to me that there are already quite a few
committers for the size of the code base, so I'm obviously missing a
pertinent fact or two. What are they?