Re: [stp-pmc] STP PMC callin info

Dan,

You are correct, thus my comment to bring it up in the next PMC meeting.

Carl.

Daniel Berg wrote:

So there is a nomination and a vote by the PMC but only after the following has been met.

(The following was taken from the link below for new committers.)
<<Developers who give frequent and valuable contributions to a Project, or component of a Project (in the case of large Projects), can have their status promoted to that of a "Committer" for that Project or component respectively. A Committer has write access to the source code repository for the associated Project (or component), and gains voting rights allowing them to affect the future of the Project (or component). >>

Clearly this requirement has not been met so I would suggest that these two nominations remain as users of the project and at a later point when they have exhibited valuable contribution to the project then the nomination can be made to promote their status to committer.

Eclipse is getting a lot of bad press recently regarding projects not following the process for new committers so we do not want to contribute to this press by being a top-level project that doesn't follow the Eclipse processes as written.

My team was just hit by this one for our core contribution.  :-)

Regards,
Dan

*Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@xxxxxxxxxx>* Sent by: stp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2006 08:45 AM
Please respond to
cctrieloff@xxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
STP PMC list <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx cc "'STP PMC list'" <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject Re: [stp-pmc] STP PMC callin info

Mike,

Thanks for the link - I should have just posted it instead of trying to
paraphrase and yes
STP does inherit from standard top level v1.0 in its charter.

Regards
Carl.

>>> Oisin