Re: [stp-pmc] Deployment Framework Doc

This proposal *builds* on the DTP Connection Profile scheme; which means that STP will be building and supporting yet another server integration/deployment story with this proposal. Clearly WTP is the platform for Application Server integration; the API is there, tested, and for better or worse it is the standard.

Just a point here -- the WTP is the current platform for application servers, but STP needs to focus on the needs of what are currrently called 'ESB's. These are not application servers as catered for by WTP - while some ESBs may deploy into a J2EE or Web container, others can quite happily work with a lightweight open source or
proprietary 'container' model. J2EE is only one of the solutions.

2) I don't see a connection between the definition of a "Package" and the core model ModuleComponent.

Is there a connection mentioned in the presentation? Must have missed it...

[deletia]
I would like to see the scenario that ties the construction and deployment efforts together so there is a seamless story and vision that we are presenting.

As would we all - that's why we need the code in, from the SCA java inspector all
the way to some runtime.

If you check the minutes of the IRC, Dan, you will see Carl Trieloff stating why the STP hasn't gone directly for consumption of the WTP technology and instead has decided to look at both it and this approach. We will have a number of runtimes to which adopters will need to deploy, so we do need to cast our net
wider and take on some options before making a decision.

 rgds
  --oh

Back to the top