Re: [stp-dev] AW: eBPM Proposal

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your comment, your and other comments are welcome.

I know about JWT. As you know i'm working  in eclipse ecosystem too  in the
STP Intermediate Model subproject and this will be naturally contributed to the SOA TLP as project and will be called "Mangrove".

Within this project we already had experience within BPMN modeling tools and transformations ( that are already there ) will be
reused by the upcoming eBPM project.

As you've said your main goal is "to support workflow and business process tooling", instead the eBPM project main goal is to build a BPM platform on top of OSGi, and to have different ways of doing that, by using a traditional process engine
or using a BPEL one.

One of the focus of the eBPM project will be to provide osgi bundles, that will be able to realize orchestration of osgi services. Then when we talk about BPM we're also provide a standard set of services and connectors.

Regards the tool, we're not going to provide additional editors or tools, but simply to reuse the experience that we already had with the tools we're alreday using coming from the STP IM experience, and this will be a point where we could collaborate.

eBPM could leverage JWT Tooling support through the use of the STP intermediate model.

I see a lot of points where we could work together, you and your team are welcome if you want to be declared as interested part
in the proposal.

An interesting "scenario" for both project for example could be to have the eBPM projects as runtime for JWT...

In conlcusion, i think JWT and eBPM project have really different goals and targets, and i think in the SOA TLP projects there will be enough space for both project, and i hope a collaboration between the projects instead of merging it.

Andrea

Back to the top