Re: [stp-dev] AW: eBAM Proposal

Hi Florian,
thanks a lot for your comments, you can find some answer inline..

Best Regards
Angelo

Florian Lautenbacher ha scritto:
Hi Angelo,

thanks for the eBAM proposal. This definitely sounds interesting. Please
find below some comments and questions:

- Is there already an initial contribution available that will be
contributed to the project? Or will everything be developed once the project
started?
No, in this moment eBAM is in design phase, we are going to start to developing eBAM in the next weeks.
- I guess the top-level project will be the Eclipse SOA TLP which is now the
Eclipse STP project, but will be "refactored" :-) soon. Therefore, I would
rather speak of either Eclipse SOA or Eclipse STP, but not of Eclipse SOA
STP.
yes.
- As description of the meta model area you mention that it is a metadata
repository close to EMF and build on EclipseLink and SDO? Does it store a
"real" meta model (an EMF-file or instances of it) or only meta data about
some services?
What do you mean with "real" meta model ?
I think that the metamodel will store information about the processes, about the messages, about the events, about the SLA definition, about the alarms definition and a description of the rules.

- I'm not sure whether you have heard of the project Eclipse JWT? In there,
several tools for modeling and executing workflows are developed. As part of
the initial project description, we described an own component called WAM,
so "Workflow Administration and Monitoring" which is definitely quite
similar to what you are proposing. There exists an API in the Eclipse CVS
for a vendor neutral monitoring component with some rudimentary
implementations for the Bonita engine and support for Frascati as far as I
know (I didn't implement the last part). Therefore, I guess a collaboration
between our projects would make sense. Depending on what already exists for
eBAM, we could build monitoring support for workflow engines on top of eBAM
or you could re-use the API build as part of JWT. Do you think this makes
sense?
I don't know WAM very well, I've read some information about it in JWT web site.
I think that a collaboration between our projects has sense, absolutely
I'll study the WAM API as soon as possible.

- As project co-lead of JWT, I am definitely an interesting party on your
project and am looking forward to hear more about it.
Can I add your references to the list of "Interested parties" ??
- Just as a side node: the tentative plan is quite ambitious. With the
experiences that I made with our project and with learning how the Eclipse
ecosystem and bureaucracy works, it might be difficult to achieve.
Thank to your suggestion...
Best regards,

Florian

Message: 1