Re: [stp-dev] Last chance for Feedback: SOA Tree Proposal

+1 for Arbutus as  project name
Oisin Hurley ha scritto:
Some other comments.

Take another look at the project scope - is there anything
missing there? It kinda reads as if it is to be business as
usual, but in the background section, you mention that
the scope is to be extended. This doesn't gel.

I had a similar comment to Andrea on the naming clash
with SVN concepts. The tree terminology concept is
intriguing (looking forward to a 'vascular cambium'
component at some point), but I'll argue that it could
get in the way of the discovery process -- if I do a
scan of Eclipse projects and see "SOA Tree", it's not
going to give me a message of what the project is about.

However, on the other hand - "SOA Metamodel Framework"
is a terribly boring name, albeit totally descriptive.

These days things like 'subtitles' are popular for books
(see appalling example at http://tr.im/EddI), because
this is a means to cram in internet search keywords. I
think it sucks for books but it makes sense here.

How about something like "Arbutus - The SOA Metamodel
Framework" or something like that (for Arbutus, just insert
<treename>).

I promise that's the last of my comments on naming :)

In the "Roots" section, where it says "common format
that could be based on SCA for instance", I would drop
the "that could be based..." part as it prejudices the
discussion.

Double-check your committers list, ensure that all are
good to spend time on the work (of course).

That's it - the sooner we can get this publicised the better.

cheers
 --oh