Re: [stp-dev] Last chance for Feedback: SOA Tree Proposal

Adrian Mos ha scritto:
Hi Andrea,

thanks for the comments, see my replies inline:

I've one doubt. In the proposal you call two components as "Trunk" and
"Branches" "Root".... i know this is because this  terms are related to
"Tree" but the word "Trunk" and "Branch" "Root" are also
common word used by SVN version management system and in my personal
opinion it could be confusing to call components name in that way.

yup, I agree that in particular using the combination trunk/branches could be confusing. So I suggest renaming "trunk" to "core" and leaving the others as they are: I think that now, having a "core" and "branches" shouldn't cause too much confusion, since there is no longer the automatic association trunk/branch that reminds of SVN. What do you think?

OK.
The other think i want to avoid  is a svn reorganization, if it's
possible i want the svn repositories and the "eclipse project names" for
the current stuff remain the same.

I think that at least for a while we can certainly leave everything as is. Then in the future we might need to change to match the new branding also because eventually when the new SOA TLP will be created, some changes will inevitable happen. I know it's a pain to do such refactoring, so for the moment let's keep things as they are and analyze the impact of potential changes in a separate thread of discussion later on, maybe in bugzilla, once the project gets created.

Yes it's obvious.. no problem.

Andrea
cheers,
Adrian.