Re: [stp-dev] Policy Editor tool

Hi Adam,
Since you mention assertions, then I'm thinking that you want to extend
the current 'WSDL-editor-stylee' policy editor.

>From your email, it sounds like you want to include some kind of
context-dependent validation, perhaps? So - you have a  means
whereby a context (your domain) can be set or changed, and there
is a framework such that a validation (in the sense of 'this
here assertion is unsupported') can be run that is tied to the
context.

Before I go any further, I need to admit that I don't know the code
here in any detail! So much of what follows is just in partial
familiarity...

There is an o.e.s.policy.wtp.validation plugin which does some
forms of validation. It's not extensible, in that there's no extension
points, but this could be a starting area to look at *and* it's
probably a candidate for some new extension points that will
allow people to change the validation classes.

So the route I would take here would be to 1) construct a clear
statement of what the function/capability is to be, 2) look at the
existing validation-related code and learn how it works, 3) design
a set of extension points that permit the capability you need and
also encompass the current functionality, 4) write that up in a
short document and put it on the wiki, or send it to the list.

Dear policy original authors - any comments on this?

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top