Re: [stp-dev] Need help for STP plugin for Eclipse 3.3.2

Hi Dipak,
The Europa edition of STP is still available at the update site

http://download.eclipse.org/stp/updates/europa/

it doesn't contain the dependency plugins, but if you download
the JEE developer's package from here

http://www.eclipse.org/europa/

You should have all the dependencies in that.  There are some
instructions at

http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Service_Creation_User_Guide

but I have to warn you that CXF that is support is an older
version that the latest and that the document may have
problems with respect to the new version.

There's another thing you will need to know too - last year
we officially archived the service creation component work
and moved the functionality to the new JAX-WS Tools
project, which currently resides in the WTP Incubator.

You can find out more here

http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAXWS

this project has up-to-date CXF support, and, more importantly,
builds on the great frameworks that have been put in place
by the Webtools project.  To use the JAXWS code, you will
need to upgrade your Eclipse to 3.4.1 - it uses a more recent
version of the WTP frameworks. But - this is the way forward
for CXF-based JAXWS Web service development, and I'd
encourage you to try it out if you can.

 best regards
  Oisin

Back to the top