Re: [stp-dev] Requirements for the build.

> I just discussed a bit about this with Stephane on IRC.

Can you post the discussion on this list please, so we can all see it.

Antoine, start with the document at

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/org.eclipse.stp.build/build/trunk/how-to-build.txt

if you find bugs in the doc, fix em or give me a ping. I should be
on IRC for at least some of the day today and tomorrow, exact times
I'm not sure about yet.

I suggest that to narrow down the potential issues that
you copy the build trunk into a working copy of your
project and basically hack on it to exclude the stuff that
you don't need. You will probably want to run a full build from
that document first to get familiar with the feel of it.

Building up the platform we use is manual - you'll find the
instance for M3 in /shared/stp/platforms/3.5M3

The build should run fine, the only annoying pieces are the
moving around of files and the waiting for signing. But some
of this can be solved by extending the existing ant script
or adding some more.

I think maybe once we get to the point that you can
run a BPMN-only build, then we can get cracking on the
automation and you can set up your instructions for
cruisecontrol.

I'll get on IRC later, I've a few things to get finished up
this morning...

 --oh

Back to the top