[stp-dev] M3 build status...

I sent a message about this earlier, but I didn't see it turn up :(

EID is on hold for this milestone, as it has 'issues'
SCA has a compilation problem with the build system's IBM compiler

     [java] Error: file
/home/data/users/ohurley/M3/buckminster/mybuild/working/build/workspace/plugins/org.eclipse.stp.sca.xmleditor/src/org/eclipse/stp/sca/xmleditor/preferences/ScaXmlPreferenceUtils.java,
line 25: Access restriction: The type Base64 is not accessible due to
restriction on required library
/opt/public/stp/apps/ibm-java2-sdk-5.0-6.0-linux-ppc/jre/lib/xml.jar

There's an internal impl class from xerces being used that is causing
the issue. Its for simple base64 encoding.

There are some base64 encoding capabilities in OSGi internal
packages that are accessible.  Also, there's org.apache.codec,
which is in the Orbit bundles. Perhaps that could offer an alternative
for the moment?

Any suggestions how to work around this?

 --oh

Back to the top