[stp-dev] Re: Open Office SCA diagrams was - Re: [DISCUSS] Tuscany 2.0 themes?

Hi,

I'm the lead of SCA Tools.

What are your layout problems?

For me, one of the main issue is that some information is lacking on the graphical representation when you load Tuscany samples. That's normal. The Java code of the Tuscany samples contains a lot of information needed to have a complete graphical representation. These samples are developed following a bottom-up approach.
The problem is that, currently, the SCA Composite Designer is designed for a top-down approach. So, the code isn't introspected. All the information need to be in the composite file.
However, I'm working with Frascati guys to use their code on SCA Tools. Frascati is an SCA runtime (OW2 project) that has already code able to introspect Java class to complete the composite file. We plan to contribute this code to SCA Tools at the beginning of 2009. So, I hope that we will be able to support the bottom-up approach in the SCA Composite Designer soon.
Why don't we use the Tuscany code introspection mecanism? Because Frascati and a large part of the SCA Tools project were implemented in the scope of the SCOrWare project[0] funded by the French Research National Agency (ANR).

In addition, concerning Tuscany, we plan work with haleh mahbod and Dhaval to upgrade SCA Tools to support Tuscany 1.3.

If you have problems or ideas to enhance SCA Tools, don't hesitate. You can share your experience on eclipse.stp.sca-tools and submit bugs in the Eclipse bugzilla.

I cross post this post to stp-dev, it can be interesting too for STP.

Best regards,

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo

[0]: http://www.scorware.org/projects/en