Re: [stp-dev] Using SCA-STP tool with the Tuscany's latest release [Tuscany/SCA Tooling]

No, the issues you saw aren't expected. Do you have any message in the error log view?
Do you restart Eclipse after step 3?

The wiki page [0] describes how to install the SCA tools. It's a bit easier than what you did. 1) Install the bundle Eclipse Modeling Tools [1] (this bundle provides Eclipse + EMF + GMF) 2) Install SCA Tools and Tuscany support from http://download.eclipse.org/stp/sca/last An official build (SCA Tools 1.1.0 M3) will be available tomorrow or next week.

To use the samples, you can:
1) Set up the Tuscany directory: Window > Preferences > SCA Tools > set the Tuscany directory > Ok
2) Create new project from Restaurant embedded samples
3) Fix the SCA Diagram by right clicking and selecting Initialize SCA Composite Diagram
4) Run the test/client.java

Step 3 will be unnecessary with M3. Vincent fixed the bug yesterday.

Regards,

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo

[0]: http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/SCA_Component
[1]: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-modeling-tools-includes-incubating-components/ganymeder

Luciano Resende a écrit :
Great Stéphane and Dhaval, after using the new update site, and after
some manual steps, I got the tooling up and running, and the sample
works fine with Tuscany Java SCA 1.3.2 release.

Below are the steps I needed to do :

1.Install Ganymede SR1
2.Install SCA Tools and Tuscany support from
http://download.eclipse.org/stp/sca/last
3.Use eclipse update to add GMF runtime and tools
4.Create new project from Restaurant embedded samples
     File > New > Example... > SCA > SCA Examples > Next...
5.Fix the SCA Diagram by right clicking and selecting Initialize SCA
Composite Diagram
     this was not available for the first time, and I guess due to
unavailable GMF dependencies
6.Create tuscany library and add all modules from the lib directory
from the Java SCA 1.3.2 release
7.Clean restaurant java project to fix compilation errors (as the
tuscany dependencies were not available)
8.Run the test/client.java

So, questions :

1. Are the gmf dependencies issues I saw expected ? I was using a
clean Ganymede SR1 PDE distribution

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Stéphane Drapeau