[stp-dev] STP SVN Repo structural changes...

Here's a quote from the Webmaster:

<quote>
We(webmaster) have decided to change how our SVN repositories
are laid out due to the increasing number of projects moving between
top level containers.  Previously all components and sub-projects of a
top level project shared a single large repository, and while this eases
some management issues it complicates archiving and moving.
As such we're going to a 'one repository per component' model.

What does all this mean to you?  Well yours is one of the few
outstanding repositories that hasn't been converted.  So what I'd like
to do is arrange a time that is convenient for you do do such a move.
The process should be largely transparent and have minimal if any
impact on your teams.  Here is the basic schedule for this kind of move:

1)Archive the current repository.
2)Dump the repo and split it up.
3)Move the old repository out of the way.
4)Create new repositories and load data.
5)Confirm that everything is ok and remove old repository.
</quote>

After this change, we will be looking a different structure in
the repo, along the lines of

  svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/org.eclipse.stp.sca-tools
  svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/org.eclipse.stp.bpmn-modeler
  svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/org.eclipse.stp.intermediate-model
  svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/org.eclipse.stp.policy-editor
  svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/org.eclipse.stp.enterprise-integration
  svn+ssh://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/org.eclipse.stp.common

etc etc, this is not an exhaustive list.

Commit counts should stay the same.

The PMC would like to know your concerns - any questions or
comments?

 --oh

Back to the top