Re: [stp-dev] When to use the Service Creation wizards for SCA

Does anyone have a good overview of the use case for the SCA project wizard in STP Service Creation?

This could be a historical thing. STP is intended to bring SCA tools
to open source - it's one of our goals. In STP-SC we developed the
Annotation Validation Framework to help JAX-WS developers, but since
the SCA Java programming model is also annotation-driven, and since
a framework needs >1 use to make it real, we also did the work for
SCA 1.0. So STP-SC helps people who are developing using the SCA
Java programming spec. At least that's the intent.

To actually make it useful, we added the deployment piece too.

How does it tie in with the tooling provided by the STP SCA sub- project?

It doesn't - at least not yet. Post-Ganymede we are going to have to
pull all this together to have a coherent offering!

 When would a user choose one over the other?

I think if a user wanted to do SCA development, they should pick
STP-SCA to do it and work with the 'normal' level of Java capabilities
in the Eclipse IDE. STP-SCA doesn't provide anything near what you
need to understand and develop using the SCA concepts.

Adventurous users can take some of the plugins from STP-SC and
see how they might integrate with STP-SCA, to augment the Java
editing capabilities. Then they might even want to submit a
patch! :)

 cheers
  --oh

Registered Number: 171387