[stp-dev] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] Migrating Eclipse-LazyStart to Bundle-ActivationPolicy

More news from the world of cross-project issues. This time
about the use of the Eclipse-LazyStart header in the plug-in
manifest.

Begin forwarded message:
There has been several discussions in various bug reports about migrating from the Eclipse-LazyStart header to the new Bundle- ActivationPolicy header specified in the OSGi R4.1 specification. With the latest I-Builds PDE is now flagging the old Eclipse- LazyStart header as deprecated and with this weeks I-Build PDE is offering two quickfix options to migrate to the Bundle- ActivationPolicy:

1) Convert the deprecated 'Eclipse-LazyStart' to 'Bundle- ActivationPolicy'
2) Add 'Bundle-ActivationPolicy' header

The Equinox team is recommending that developers use option 2 when migrating to the new header. This will ensure that bundles will continue to work on older Eclipse platforms where the Bundle- ActivationPolicy header is not recognized. It will also allow the bundle to work on other OSGi R4 Framework implementations which probably do not recognize the Eclipse-LazyStart header.

 cheers
  --oh

Registered Number: 171387