[stp-dev] Ganymede Build Schedule

Component leads - here's a link that you should take a close
look at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ganymede_Simultaneous_Release

This is the schedule, and the must-dos for the Ganymede
release.

STP's key dates are:

 M5  -- Feb 20
 M6  -- Apr  9
 M7  -- May  7
RC1  -- May 20
RC2  -- May 27
RC3  -- Jun  3
RC4  -- Jun 10
 GA  -- Jun 17

The M6 date is the API FREEZE date - it's at this point that
we should not be making any changes to our APIs - the key pieces
that consumers of the project will use to interact with the
frameworks we provide. Let's focus on getting those APIs right.

Once we get into the RC* space, we are looking at 7 day revs.
That's not a lot of time, and so we will be ramping things down
strongly during that period - let's plan for bug fixing, testing
and polishing only, as well as web/wiki work.

For Ganymede we MUST deliver 3.4 compatible code, but I think
for the practical reason of gaining consumers, we should also
be compatible with the latest 3.3.x code base.

Comments?

 cheers
  --oh
Registered Number: 171387