[stp-dev] Consider Easymock as a tool for testing in STP/Eclipse?

Hi all,

I was thinking that using Easymock in the test fragments would make writing some of the unit tests quite a bit easier. Esp when big interfaces need to be mocked (such as IFile or IProject) it would help a lot.

I have used EasyMock (http://www.easymock.org/) quite a bit in the past, and although it requires some 'getting used to it' I have found it a great tool for creating mockobjects in unit tests. EasyMock has an MIT license which I think is compatible with EPL. I did quick search in IPZilla but didnt find any previous requests for EasyMock or any other Mock object systems. So I guess if we can agree that EasyMock is good, I could start by filing a CQ/IPZilla entry to get it approved into Eclipse.

Anyone any thoughts?

David

Registered Number: 171387