Re: [stp-dev] Discussion on policy support in STP

There is already a validation framework inside Eclipse platform, which is built on the top of EMF : http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/?project=validation#validation

Do you use it?
Is your proposition a competitor with EMF Validation?

Etienne Juliot

5. Generic validation framework.
   As Jerry already announced in dev-list, we have plans to generalize
the validation components that are currently integrated with our
(sopera's) editors into a generic validation framework. This framework
is independent from validation object and validation method
(technology). It just defines set of interfaces for validation object
and its dependencies, validator itself, error reporter, etc. Developer
will implement and register his own validation engine as OSGi plug-in in
framework. To validate the object it will be necessary to implement
validation object context interface, provide implementation of error
reporter, define the chain of validation plug-ins and invoke the
framework. Framework itself do not have any restrictions to validation
method: it could be everything. Currently we use schema and DOM-based
logical validation for our ws-policies. Of course it could be
extended/replaced by rule-based validation engine. Maybe it would be a
good idea to contribute the code directly and work on the generalization
together?
begin:vcard
fn:Etienne Juliot
n:Juliot;Etienne
org:Obeo
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 rue Robert Schuman;Rez=C3=A9;;44400;France
email;internet:etienne.juliot@xxxxxxx
tel;work:02 51 13 51 42
tel;pager:etienne.juliot@xxxxxxxxxx
tel;cell:06 86 78 14 82