[stp-dev] IMPORTANT: Migration to Subversion

Hi There,

I've been working with the webmasters at eclipse.org to agree a time / date and process for migrating the CVS repository over to Subversion.

We've agreed on *Friday November 2nd at 17:00 EST*. So unless there's any objections, Matt & I will get prepared to migrate over then. Every developer who has work outstanding on a checkout will need to have committed before that time, otherwise it will be a manual process to get it checked into svn.

I'll follow up with more details on this, details of changes on the nightly build system, and the URL you'll need over the next few days.

For now though, please plan to have all your work wrapped up by 17:00 on the 2nd. I'll do a dry run of the migration so I'll be able to set expectations as to when the new repo will be available for general consumption.

There will be an impact to our automated builds, in doing the dry run I will identify where the changes will be required. But there may be a period of a few days where we wont have a full automated build system in place. It will be top of my priority list to sort this out.

If you have any questions / reservations, please drop me a line.

Regards,
Adrian.

Registered Number: 171387