[stp-dev] STP Deployment Framework: JAX-WS Logical and Physical packages

I got this as a bounce from the stp-dev mailing software. Not
sure why it failed...

Begin forwarded message:

From: <Andrei.Shakirin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 September 2007 17:27:52 IST
To: <stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: STP Deployment Framework: JAX-WS Logical and Physical packages

Hi Johnson,

I just have tried stp-all-in-one-R-R200709200237-200709200237 release and already can use the new deployment features there. It is really great!

I have one understanding question and one question about future plans regarding this stuff:

1. I do not completely understand why "build package" menu is associated with wsdl file. I thought that logical package is wsdl itself + implemented service business logic in generated code (xxxBindingImpl.java classes). This business logic is later packaged into war file and seems to be the part of the logical package (it is indepent on Server) .

Probably in this case more logically will be to associate "build package" menu with whole JAX-WS project, not only with wsdl file?

What do you think?

2. At the moment deployment is based on war file, not on the project itself like in WTP Web-Services.
Therefore some WTP features:
- automatic synchronization of deployed module with changed sources;
- "Add and remove projects" in Server context menu;
- "Run As -> Run On Server"
are not completely supported.
Do you plan to support also "project based" deployment for WTP Server Tools API with own JAX-WS and SCA project facets?

Regards,
Andrei.

Andrei Shakirin
IC-Consult on behalf of