[stp-dev] Using the Parallel IP Process

If we use the Parallel IP process, we should be able to make more
progress with incoming contributions.  To do this we need to meet
certain criteria [0] :

A conforming project...

1. Is in the Incubation phase.
2. Correctly displays the incubation logo on their project home page.
3. Correctly displays the same incubation logo on their project's primary
   download page.
4. All downloadable zip files for builds and milestones must include the
   word "incubation" in the filename. For example,
   DSF-SDK-incubation-N20070413-0200.zip
5. The jar files in the download zip file are not required to contain the word "incubation" in the filename. (See bug 178944 for the explanation.)
6. All "Bundle-Name"s must include the world "incubation". Note that
   "Bundle-SymbolicName"s should not include "incubation" because the
    Bundle-SymbolicName is a technical namespace, not a user namespace.
    For example, Bundle-Name: Foo Plug-in (Incubation)  Similarly, the
names for update manager features must include the word "incubation".
    For example, Eclipse Platform (Incubation)

STP meets (1), but we need to get the others in order. Let's put this
on the agenda for tomorrow's call.

 cheers
  --oh

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/parallel-ip-process.php