Re: [stp-dev] problems in org.eclipse.stp.sc.common

Hi Chandra,

We are refactoring the runtime related extension points.
In the latest code, there are two parts.
1. runtime plugin.
Those plugins will extend from 'org.eclipse.wst.server.core.runtimeTypes'. Allow user to add/remove one runtime type from preference page.

Such as org.eclipse.stp.soas.deploy.runtime.cxf. It is a Apache CXF 2.0 runtime plugin, which supports jaxws 2.0 technology.

2. runtime provider extension
For jax-ws, those plugins will extend from 'org.eclipse.stp.sc.jaxws.runtimeProvider' extension point. It will provide the tools (shch as wsdl2java and java2wsdl), project template...etc used during JAX-WS service creation. For example, org.eclipse.stp.sc.cxf. It is a Apache CXF runtime integration plugin, which supports Apache CXF 2.0 runtime.

The integration tool has been removed in latest version. We were trying to define a generic extension point to be shared between multiple technologies during service creation at that time. But then i found it is hard to do.
So we are back to our original approach: each technology will define a set of tools as extension point on its own.

I will try to write down those changes on the wiki next week

Regards

Johnson