[stp-dev] Intermediate hybrid model discussion

Hi all,

I was looking into usage of proposed intermediate model with Java First model service development using existing STP JAX-WS service creation utilities.

Final result of Java First scenario is the annotated java code (Interface or POJO) that defines SEI. It could be represented in intermediate model by Service and associated ServiceBinding. Since Eclipse Java Editor is not highly customizable, I was trying the following approach to create 'link' to the intermediate model:

 1. Create EMF client that uses EMF API (Packages, Factories and Persistent API) to save | retrieve representation of SEI interface into | from the intermediate model. With assumption that intermediate model will be serialized to the disk per project basis.

    Q:  What are the plans for serialization of intermediate model are we planning to have centralized place or per project basis approach is OK ?

2. Link to the model will be done on action call ('Create WebService', 'Create WebMethod') to retrieve data from intermediate model for selected POJO.  On action call we would start EMF client to retrieve data from model, if necessary do updates to underlying Java Model for selected Type.

3. Extend existing ScaJavaToWsdlBuilder to use EMF client to save representation of SEI interface into intermediate model.

Any comments or suggestion to use another approach with Java First model service development are welcome.

Thanks,

Irene Levina.

Back to the top