RE: [stp-dev] Suggestion for extra pages in STP wiki

Yes. I agree with that distinction.

From: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Boisvert
Sent: 28 November 2006 16:43
To: STP Dev list
Subject: Re: [stp-dev] Suggestion for extra pages in STP wiki

On 11/28/06, Porter, David <David.Porter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

But I don't think we should ship version 1.0 of the STP next year without a comprehensive help plugin. I see the Wikis as source documentation for the final output, which should be online help, delivered with the STP and available as an infocenter.

Agreed.   At that point we should import/scrape end-user documentation from the wiki into the infocenter help and ideally remove that information from the wiki to avoid duplication.

Perhaps an important distinction here is documentation intended for STP developers (or developers reusing STP components) versus end-users (developers using STP to build SOA components).  I think the wiki is best suited for the former.

alex

Back to the top