Re: [stp-dev] writing an introspector...

On 23 Aug 2006, at 16:34, Beaurpere, David wrote:

I had a try at the code you demonstrated in the new test but without much success as I keep getting a MalformedURLException when calling “scribbler.getResource(…)”.

I am not sure why this happening but it doesn’t seem to involve my extensions code.

Looking at the stack trace below, it seems that either there is a URIResolverImpl that is not registered with the EMF ResourceSet, or a resource pattern that will match the comptype:.. URL has not been registered. This is then causing a fallback to the JDK's URL definition and I would be sure that the comptype: protocol is not
registered by default :)

Devang, what do you think is missing?
Could not load resource "comptype:/p7/test.project".

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: comptype

            at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:574)

            at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)

            at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIConverterImpl.createURLInputStr eam(URIConverterImpl.java:564)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIConverterImpl.createInputStream (URIConverterImpl.java:453)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load (ResourceImpl.java:892)

Also, despite this stack trace (which ends up logged in the error view), the call to “root.getComponentType()”returns a component type object with null values for all its attributes

Possibly a knock-on effect from the exception thrown - looks like
there's no error recovery here.

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top