[stp-dev] CVS Commits

It is great to see more code in CVS. So my sincere apologies to taint such an event for a bit of process and organizational stuff - I will use the *[STP_Project] <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/?cvsroot=STP_Project#dirlist> / org.eclipse.stp.core sub project* as an example, but these comments are more general than those.

The STP project is divided in to sub project and each has a root folder in CVS tree:

(dir) org.eclipse.stp.b2j/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.b2j/?cvsroot=STP_Project> (dir) org.eclipse.stp.bpmn/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.bpmn/?cvsroot=STP_Project> (dir) org.eclipse.stp.contrib/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.contrib/?cvsroot=STP_Project> (dir) org.eclipse.stp.core/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/?cvsroot=STP_Project> (dir) org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation/?cvsroot=STP_Project> (dir) org.eclipse.stp.soas/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.soas/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

We need to organize a little better under the projects to scale better in the future. Instead of commiting the plugins, tests and features as flat hierarchy, I will suggest that these are divided to features, plugins and tests as initial sub-containers. For example, if we transform the core project in this manner, it will look like:

org.eclipse.stp.core <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

	features/

org.eclipse.stp.core <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

org.eclipse.stp.core-sdk <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

org.eclipse.stp.core-tests <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

	plugins/

(dir)org.eclipse.stp.core/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

(dir)org.eclipse.stp.core.infrastructure.emf/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core.infrastructure.emf/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

	tests/

(dir)org.eclipse.stp.core.tests/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core.tests/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

(dir)org.eclipse.stp.core.tests.infrastructure/ <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.stp.core/org.eclipse.stp.core.tests.infrastructure/?cvsroot=STP_Project>

Same applies to all other sub projects.

If it is ok with everybody, we will refactor these components and ask the webmaster to remove the others.

Back to the top