Re: [stp-dev] takin' a look at the core model code

Hi guys,

        The Eclipse standard naming conventions  ([1])  are as follows :

<component>.internal...
<component>.tests....

So for the code in the Code project, we have:

org.eclipse.stp.core.<pkg> : API package (all API currently experimental)
org.eclipse.stp.core.internal.<pkg> : Internal package.  Note that this is different than what you have below.

The test plugins are named:

org.eclipse.stp.core.tests.<subclassifier>. There is one test plugin for the core plugin, and another test plugin for the infrastructure code (org.eclipse.stp.core.tests.infrastructure.

In other subprojects, like SOAS, you'll want something like:

org.eclipse.stp.<subproject>.<pkg>: API
org.eclipse.stp.<subproject>.internal.<pkg> : Internal
org.eclipse.stp.<subproject>.tests.<pkg> : Tests

Where <subproject> is something like "soas" or "assembly" or whatever you come up with. Using "System" could be confusing for newcomers (especially since SCA doesn't have a System model object, but does go to Subsystem). What about "deployment" ("org.eclipse.stp.deployment") since (from my understanding) the purpose of the SOAS subproject is to prepare the SCA deployables?

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/naming.html
Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / Services Tools Development
IBM RTP Lab
Ext: (919) 543-8356
T/L:  441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/05/2006 12:40 AM

Please respond to
STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [stp-dev] takin' a look at the core model code

Hi Oisin,

sdk stands for software development kit.  This is a packaging feature
which includes the sources. SDK are useful for adopters and developers
so that they have the sources readily available.  So we will have a
runtime zip (all binaries) and an sdk zip (runtime+sources).

I will also suggest that we drop  "assembly" in the feature chain as the
top level features of each project is already doing that.

tests and internal are fine.

- Builds are ready and tested we are waiting for the current code to be
renamed and promoted to CVS to start builds.