Re: [stp-dev] takin' a look at the core model code

Daniel,

-Have you decided about the name conversion for the contibuted plugins? i.e (org.eclipse.stp.sca.**??) -We also added two top level assembly projects to drive the builds and represent the subproject (we called it org.eclipse.stp.sca and org.eclipse.stp.sca.sdk for lack of anything else). Any ideas?

- Finally test plugin IDs and project names do not match. Minor point but worth fixing during the conversion.

The plugins build and test OK.  I guess you knew that  :-)

Yes, we can get a UML diagram of the model. Once we have the code in the repository we can just put the UML diagram there. Until then we can just post it to this list.

Regards,
Dan

*Oisin Hurley <ohurley@xxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/31/2006 12:05 PM
Please respond to
STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	STP Dev list <stp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
	stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
	Re: [stp-dev] takin' a look at the core model code

Hi Dan

> This is a pretty good high-level overview of the contribution.
> We are working on some documentation to help people get started > with using the APIs.

Good news -- what would be a great help would be some guidance as
to 'where to engage' when one is about to start reading the code!

> Yes we do plan to do further refactorings on the code. This > shouldn't be considered > code complete by any means. We are also working to get our POJO > support factored so
> it can be contributed.  Hopefully this will happen next week.

Great! I'm looking forward to taking a look at the .java introspection
code as an exemplar for more exotic introspectors :)

Actually - do you know what would be cool? If we could get a visual
representation of the emf model - reading it using the standard ecore
editor means a fair bit of jumping about. Is it easy to make such a
thing, do you know?

 thanks!
  --oh