Re: [stp-dev] Weekly STP meetings

Yesterdays meeting had a good conclusion but I think we might have been able to resolve the issue quicker and the discussion might not have gotten so heated
if we had been on a conference call. Opinions ?

I think that the IRC format was good to resolve the disagreements that
we had, better than the phone. The discussion didn't appear to me to
be heated at all - I thought it was quite civilized. If we had a phone
conversation, and people were emotional about an issue, then it could
get heated quicker and stay that way because the tone will come across.
Also, because the bar to contribution is slightly higher in IM, it can
mean people might think a little more before typing - it's easy just to
voice an opinion on the phone without thought.

 rgds
  --oh

Back to the top