Re: [stp-dev] STP Committer/Developer commit process page

Hi Oisin,

My concern is around areas of B2J such as the distributed engine where automated tests and coverage results will be very hard to acheive (e.g. testing broken network link reconnection or proper thread distribution across multiple nodes in a distributed engine).

My aim is not to have untested and unstable code in STP but to avoid sweeping limits which may be unrealistic or stifle progress for certain components.

As you say though I am sure we can come to an understanding on the IRC chat tomorrow.

cheers

Antony

Oisin Hurley wrote:

Stefan has already started this conversation earlier but the limits on code coverage (>70%) and the code reviews mentioned in here make me somewhat nervous about resource and being able to make good progress in the project.

It makes me even more nervous to know that potentially untested and
unreviewed commits could happen :) There will be a middle way I am
sure.

 rgds
  --oh