[stp-dev] STP Build Process

here is a brief proposal to run STP builds similar to WTP (see webtools build process for more detail http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/org.eclipse.wtp.releng/Attic/readme.html?rev=1.6&search=None&hideattic=1&cvsroot=WebTools_Project)

-

As you know, we now have a dedicated build box (build.eclipse.org) and a continous build process we run with cruisecontol.
There are a few organizational issues:

1) CVS structure - It will roughly look like ( I just made up names for the STP project)

/releng.stpbuilder
 **
/releng
  /maps
     *.map
/components
    /assembly
         /features
             /org.eclipse.stp
             /org.eclipse.stp.sdk
    /service-creation
         /features
             /org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation
        /plugins
             /org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation.ui
             /org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation.core
            ..
        /tests
             /org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation.tests.ui
             /org.eclipse.stp.servicecreation.tests.core

2) Although automatic, and continous, this process still needs people. Anyone prepared to commit some build-master time?

--
Naci Dai,
eteration a.s. Inonu cad. Sumer sok. Zitas D1-15

Back to the top