From:        Emily Nixon <emily.nixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Stefan Edlund <sedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>, James Kaufman <jhkauf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        "Ahmad.Swaid@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Ahmad.Swaid@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "judy.douglas07@xxxxxxxxx" <judy.douglas07@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/16/2018 02:33 AM
Subject:        Re: Reason why weekly integration won't work on Mac?

Hi all,

Jamie and I found the solution to the problems I have been experiencing. Jamie identified that we were using different versions of java. I had the latest version (Version 8 Update 171), whereas he was using an older version (Version 8 update 144). The new update must be not compatible in some way with STEM.

To uninstall the new version from my mac, I used the following commands within my terminal window:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/*

sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/Java*

sudo rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Java*

I then downloaded the jdk and jre for Java Version 8 Update 144 from the Oracle Archive:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

I can now confirm that the Weekly Integration Build works on my mac.

This is a good workaround for now. Perhaps it might be worth posting this on the wiki?

Do you think the new version of STEM will be compatible with the new version of Java?

Thanks for all your help with this (especially Jamie!).

Best wishes,

Emily

Emily Nixon
PhD Student