[stem-dev] Agenda for STEM call on Marcch 8, 2018

STEM Users,

We will be holding our monthly community call this Thursday, March 8, at 9 am Pacific Time.

If you want to join us to learn more about this open source platform or raise any questions you wish, contact me at judyvdouglas@xxxxxxxxxxx for call in instructions.

Judy Douglas for the STEM team

Agenda for the STEM Call on March 8, 2018

1. Upcoming STEM Release identified earlier as Version 3.0.0 Milestone 5 will move to Eclipse 4.0 and thus be identified as version STEM Version 4.0

*For current workaround to problem with launcher on Mac go to

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/1084123/1753241/#msg_1753241

2. Project Updates

Emily: Problems running experiments with a different seed; also output when running headless

Ahmad: Use of EMF to generate new forms

Anna: Problem with model generator setting value for transmission rate

Taras: Status of network modeling projects

Taras: Potential use of Gitter? Posted on wiki on 2/8/2018

3. STEM Update

Ahmad: Created  STEM4 branch; working on warning issues especially on action and action set

Jamie: May create new buttons to GUI while keeping old code; then remove old code one button at a time while getting the new ones working; see

http://blog.eclipse-tips.com/2009/01/commands-part-1-actions-vs-commands.html

4. Bugs

530858: Need way to run different random number seeds for stochastic solver; posted Jamie; assigned Emily

530546: Avoiding misspellings in disease – and population decorator; posted Taras; new, stem.ui-inbox

530549: Warning that decorators are not editable in STEM; posted Taras; new, stem.ui-inbox

5. Documentation Updates

*Jamie and Stefan: Links restored for solvers using Apache math

*Emily: Doc on stochastic solvers?

6. Items from Participants

Back to the top