Phone: 1-408-927-1779
Email: khu@xxxxxxxxxx
http://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-khu

Inactive hide details for "Judy Douglas" ---01/18/2018 01:56:50 PM---STEM Users,  As promised in the notes for the call today, "Judy Douglas" ---01/18/2018 01:56:50 PM---STEM Users, As promised in the notes for the call today, I am forwarding you the information from K

From: "Judy Douglas" <judyvdouglas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/18/2018 01:56 PM
Subject: [stem-dev] IBM Health Corps Invites proposals from governmental agencies and NGOs
Sent by: stem-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

STEM Users,

As promised in the notes for the call today, I am forwarding you the information from Kun.

---------------------------------

1. IBM Health Corps 2018 Call for Proposal (open now, deadline: Feb 13)

      Dear STEM Community,

      As you may know, IBM has a long history of
      working with communities to bring IBM technology and experts to help address difficult social issues. Starting on January 17th, 2018, IBM Citizenship will be accepting applications for IBM Health Corpsa global social impact program focused on tackling health disparities.

      IBM Health Corps partners with health organizations across the world, contributing the time and expertise of pro-bono teams of IBMers for three weeks on site.
      Akin to an incubator, Health Corps provides the environment, experts, and services needed to nurture new ideas in public and population health. Our projects focus on using data, technology, and design to expand access to health services and improve health systems and population outcomes. For 2018, Health Corps partnerships will be focused on addressing disparities in the areas of cancer and health workforce. You can see examples of our past Health Corps partnerships with the American Cancer Society in this video, and with the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control in this video.

      I think IBM Health Corps could be a terrific asset to support your organization’s work to improve health. [
      Or for an influencer: I hope you'll share this unique opportunity with any health organizations you know who might be able to benefit from the program.] The engagement emphasizes collaboration between the IBM Health Corps team and your staff, bringing everyone’s expertise together to bring to life an idea that will make a real difference in health equity. The market value of the engagement is $500,000.

      On
      www.ibmhealthcorps.org you will find an overview of the program and examples of previous projects, and guidelines for application submission. If you’re interested in hosting an IBM Health Corps team, the application is open from January 17th until February 13th, 2018 at www.ibmhealthcorps.org.

      I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

      Many thanks,

      Kun

      Resources:

      (See attached file: IBM-Health-Corps-2018-Application-Guide.pdf)

2. ISNTD (please check the event and conferences that they are organizing)

http://isntdfestival.com/
https://www.isntd.org/

Best Regards,

Kun (Maggie) Hu, Ph.D.
Research Manager, Public Health and Food Safety
Member of IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA