From: judyvdouglas@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:03:01 -0500
Subject: [stem-dev] Notes from the March 5th STEM Community Call

STEM Community Call March 5, 2015

On call: Jamie, Stefan, Matthias, Judy

Next call: Thursday, April 2, 2015

1. Release status update

  • Version 2.0.3 up, including fix to bug 45860 (introduced when resizing for tablet)

·         Version 2.0.4 scheduled for May 12, to include fix units now wrong on beta (minor)

·         Date for Milestone 1 for Version 3 to be determined

o   Need to make progress with Luna and Java 8 first, including problem with model builder

o   Eclipse 4 migration labor intensive, could result in a web app

2. Updates

·         Stefan and Kun’s invited talk on Ebola model community work next week at EclipseCon

o   JK: Hope to recruit volunteers to work on STEM

·         Nereyda’s project

o   Issues resolved, but found issues with documentation regarding the R0

o   TO DO: Jamie will revise documentation on wiki

o   TO DO: Matthias will read to see if clear

3. Feature Request Updates: DEFER ALL UNTIL MIGRATION TO JAVA 8 AND LUNA COMPLETED

  • Restricting air travel for certain compartments
  • New plug in to measure poverty
  • Plug in for roads in Africa
  • Batch to control sequencer
  • Log automated experiments (?)
  • Modify sequencer to get automatic experiments to run batch

4. Java 8 compatibility/support and Eclipse 4.x (Luna): TOP PRIORITY

·         TO DO: Jamie will check with Chris to see if he has made progress on:

o   Deprecated warnings left in popups; need to check plugin.xml

o   Replacing Action Classes with Handler Classes in UI commands

5.  Bugs

  • Update on bug 45860 fixed

6. Items from Participants

  • TO DO: Jamie will send IBM white paper to Matthias
    • Potential publication, co-authorship?