[stem-dev] Antw: Parallel implementation of the ODE integrators in apache math commons

Hi Stefan,

I like your idea. It definitely simplifies the integration process. Do
the new solvers need the distinction between "probe" and "temp" values?

Regards,
Chris

>>> Stefan Edlund <sedlund@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/4/2012 11:45 pm >>>

We recently added another solver (Dormand Prince 54) to the list of
solvers
available in STEM, and more are coming. In doing so, we also added
support
for running the apache solvers in parallel.

Here are some thoughts I had regarding the old Runge Kutta and Finite
Difference solver's way of doing parallel integration versus the
apache
solvers. If you have any thoughts on this, let me know.

(See attached file: SolverParallelAlgorithms)

Regards,
/ Stefan

Observe: My email address is changing. The old address
edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is obsolete. Use sedlund@xxxxxxxxxx instead.
Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766   edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top