Re: [stem-dev] Fixed two bugs in SEIRRelativeValueColorProviderAdapter

Hi Jamie,

I don't exactly unterstand what you mean. I added the following lines to
the updateGC method in SEIRRelativeValueColorProviderAdapter.

if (useLogScaling) {
gainedRelativeValue = Math.log10(99.0*gainedRelativeValue + 1.0) / 2.0;
}

The performLogScaling method in
IntensityColorsLabelsMappingColorProviderAdapter does it the same way.
The updateGC method is only called by the MapView and I noticed that
checking and unchecking "Logarithmic Scaling" in the MapView does not
change anything if "Rainbow Relative Values"
(SEIRRelativeValueColorProviderAdapter) is selected. With the
IntensityColorsLabelsMappingColorProviderAdapter everything worked fine.
I found out that the useLogScaling parameter in the updateGC method is
not used. Therefore I added these lines and now seems to work
"Logarithmic Scaling" in the MapView.

Best Regards,
Chris

>>> James Kaufman  04/24/12 8:43 PM >>>
Chris,
Can you please elaborate on your change? I think that
useLogScaling takes the log in the relative value provider (and the
color
then maps to that log value).
This works for time series (with no change in color by compartment
type).

Best Regards,
Jamie

Please Note: My email address is changing. The  almaden.ibm.com domain
will be retired. Please use jhkauf@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: jhkauf@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477  (tie 457-2477)