[stem-dev] Call Notes and Holiday Announcement

STEM Community Call December 8, 2011

On call: Jamie, Kun, Matt, Stefan, Judy

THERE WILL BE NO MORE CALLS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. THE NEXT CALL WILL BE JANUARY 5, 2012.

EMAIL ANYTHING URGENT TO STEM-DEV DURING THIS TIME; SOMEONE MAY BE AVAILABLE TO RESPOND.

RELEASE PLANNING
Release 1.2.3 is up since Nov 21st.

Target date for 1.3 is now 1/24/2012
* Ten years of Earth Science Data (2000-2010) available as STEM ''Features''
* Malaria Disease Model (''Anopheles'' calibrated)
* Dengue Fever Disease Model (''Aedes'' not yet calibrated)
* Additional NLS + User ability to switch languages
* Logger Framework with new loggers
   ====Release new loggers for 1.2.3
   ====Delete old loggers and views for 1.3
* Shape File Import Utility (   *********  EXPOSURE: Eclipse has not made progress yet on Open Map CQ. Possible Interim step - write import from KML)
* Integrating external models for study of food based transmission
* New Differential Equation solver(s) from commons.math library
* Population Rescaler
* Bug Fixes from 1.2.2

* Improvements to the graph editor
* Need presentation slides for 1.3

NEW DOC FOR 1.3
*  Dengue
*  Initializers
*  Loggers
*  Malaria (done)
*  Mosquitoes VCAP (done)
*  Population Rescaler
*  Shape file importer (NEW)
*  Solvers

IDEAS FOR FUTURE STEM DEMOS
>FD vs Integration
>Data Import example (playback)
>Data input example (initialize from csv)
>Data logging image and data examples
>Dengue Fever example(s)
>Disease Playback demo
> what else?

CONTINUED DISCUSSION ON MODELING OF FOOD MEDIATED DISEASES
Jamie created new "Transformation Decorator" in core plugin. First use of it added in the org.eclipse.stem.foodproduction plugin.

Stefan is making progress on square lattice to share w/ Matthias.

NORWAY MAP UPDATE FOR/FROM DISEASE PREDICTION SERVICE FOR NORTHERN NORWAY?

Map doesn’t register w/ others due to pixels. Jamie may recommend that Kassaye load his map into Google Earth.

SHAPE FILE IMPORT/IPZILLA, ANY UPDATES?

BUG OF THE WEEK 315250
Now a new feature request. Should we display a warning every time a disease model is saved indicating the models/scenarios affected? The target for this was 1.2, now most likely 1.3 if we decide to do it. Question: Should we do this? Jamie: A feature request and a UI thing to be addressed later; will not use a pop-up window, as it would be disruptive.

Back to the top