[stem-dev] Topics for discussion on this week's STEM community call

===== Conf Call Agenda =======

1. Release planning: Code Freeze Date. Need to build STEM 1.2.3 RC1 by Nov. 1
Release Date for STEM 1.2.3 is Nov 21;
Target date for 1.3 is 1/07/2012
* Ten years of Earth Science Data (2000-2010) available as STEM ''Features''
* Malaria Disease Model (''Anopheles'' calibrated)
* Dengue Fever Disease Model (''Aedes'' not yet calibrated)
* Additional NLS + User ability to switch languages
* Logger Framework with new loggers
   ====Release new loggers for 1.2.3
   ====Delete old loggers and views for 1.3
* Shape File Import Utility (   *********  EXPOSURE: Eclipse has not made progress yet on Open Map CQ. Possible Interim step - write import from KML)
* Integrating external models for study of food based transmission
* New Differential Equation solver(s) from commons.math library
* Population Rescaler
* Bug Fixes from 1.2.2
*** Need presentation slides for 1.3

2. New doc for 1.3
*  Dengue
*  Initializers
*  Loggers
*  Malaria (done)
*  Mosquitoes VCAP (done)
*  Population Rescaler
*  Shape file importer (NEW)
*  Solvers

3. Bug of the week: bug 258989 Refactoring is Broken
Rename of Disease Models, Scenarios.
Do we need deep copy?

4. Newsgroup Discussion Topic
STEM Runtime: Compiling Scenarios for high performance runs (Update From Stefan)

5. Update on Dengue model status (Kun)
    Longer runtimes resolved the problem locating bifurcation point.
    Simone visit Nov 1st

6. New Malaria mapping algorithm (Stefan, Jamie, Kun)
        Justin is back in town.
        Running data from N. Waraporn with both Dengue and Malaria data from Thailand.....

7. Ideas for future STEM demos
>FD vs Integration
>Data Import example (playback)
>Data input example (initialize from csv)
>Data logging image and data examples
>Dengue Fever example(s)
> what else?
>>> Can we do a YouTube on each one ? Stefan, what did you use to do the screen captures?
>>> Need to plan code freeze November 1st so we have 1 month to build and test scenarios for workshop

8. Norway Map for/from Disease Prediction Service for Northern Norway (Kassaye)

9. Items from participants

Back to the top