[stem-dev] Notes from today's STEM community call

STEM Community Call September 29, 2011

On the call: Jamie, Kun, Stefan, Matthias, Chris,  Judy

1. Release planning TARGET DATES STILL VALID
        3A) STEM 1.2.3 ~Nov 21 (RC1 Nov 1)
        3B) Target date for 1.3 is still (1/07/2012)

  Matthias: As of yesterday, new contract in place, hopeful can complete shape file import

  Jamie: Matt Davis to be contact to collaborate on this; new server should be of help
* Ten years of Earth Science Data (2000-2010) available as STEM
'''Features'''
* Malaria Disease Model (''Anopheles'' calibrated)
* Dengue Fever Disease Model (''Aedes'' not yet calibrated)
* Additional NLS + User ability to switch languages
* Logger Framework with new loggers
* Shape File Import Utility (Dependency on Open Map CQ)
* Integrating external models for study of food based transmission
* New Differential Equation solver(s) from commons.math library
* Bug Fixes from 1.2.2
*** Need presentation slides for 1.3
2. New doc needed for 1.3
*  Dengue
*  Initializers
*  Malaria (done)*  Mosquitos VCAP (done)
*  Loggers

*  Shape file importer (NEW)
*  Solvers

3. Items for Newsgroup this week? None identified. NEW RECURRING ITEM.
4. Update on Dengue model status (any new figs for tomorrow?)

Chris: Tested dynamics; inside STEM no problem; outside de-sensitivity to surroundings
5. Status of Babel language pack CQ?

Jamie: German, Chinese, Korean all done, added

After  follow up next week w/ Matt, will update STEM community via newsgroup
6. Werner visit on Friday; Stefan will pick up Werner

7. Ideas for future STEM demos
>Shape file importer once done

>FD vs Integration
>Data Import example (playback)
>Data input example (initialize from csv)
>Data logging image and data examples
>Dengue Fever example(s)
> what else?
>>> Can we do a YouTube on each one? Stefan, what did you use to do the screen captures?
>>> Need to plan code freeze November 1st so we have 1 month to build and test scenarios for workshop
8. Items from participants

Matthias: Posted link on newsgroup about interesting public health project (toolkit for NGOs); group visited Almaden a few years ago; Jamie will review, contact them (they have a connection w/ Google.org)

Stefan: Will start on error handling

Jamie: Congratulations to Stefan upon his election to co-lead

Back to the top