[stem-dev] STEM Community Call 6/8/11

STEM Community Call June 8, 2011

On the call: Jamie, Maggie Hu, Matt, Stefan, Chris, Judy

Topics of the Week

Introducing Maggie Hu

·         Post-doc from Virginia Tech in public health, will be contributing to work on STEM

Update on documentation for equations used by disease models

·         Now have links to Dublin Core for all

·         Need to update wiki to include every disease model (Jamie/Judy)

·         Will carry discussion item forward for Matthias

STEM National Language Support progress and plan

·         Have utility file, found a number of English strings

·         Google now longer offers a translation service with API

·         Need to identify another  service; will check Yahoo

BFR: Do we have an official “bug” for the .shp file reader? We need to mark it +IPLOG

·         Carry item forward for when BFR is on call

Update on splitting into features (input from stem-dev or newsgroup? Matt)

·         Work proceeding ok

·         Discussion re stem.product file: shifted, used only when launched

·         Jamie: new users will need, we should add

Next week’s call

·         Stefan will moderate

·         Agenda developed at close of this week’s call; will be sent out separately and early

Items from Participants

·         None

Back to the top