[stem-dev] map suggestion

Hi all,

a quick suggestion, let me know of anyone disagrees. For the map view in STEM, sometimes it's difficult to see the shade (e.g. relative number of infectious) of a polygon if the polygon is tiny and when you're also drawing the borders around it. The border cover up the useful information. I suggest we reduce the alpha of the border color from 100% (today), to say 10%. For an example, see the difference between two maps of China below:

Border alpha 100% (the way it is today)

Border alpha 10 %

It's even more of a problem when running a global simulation with lots of tiny polygons in it. I know you can turn off the borders but that's not always the ideal solution.

Regards,
/Stefan

Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766 edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JPEG image

JPEG image