[stem-dev] Features and Feature project naming

I was working on the project today and took at look at the features. I noticed that three had unconventional naming. They were:

org.eclipse.stem.feature.core
org.eclipse.stem.feature.internal.data
org.eclipse.stem.feature.prereq

Typically, for Eclipse projects, the names of Feature projects would have "feature" as a suffix. E.g.

org.eclipse.stem.core.feature
org.eclipse.stem.internal.data.feature
org.eclipse.stem.prereq.feature

I have long advocated that we organize the project around "Features," and I think that this would be a good time to start doing that. In the process I think we should adopt the conventional naming structure used by other Eclipse projects for their Features. STEM currently has ninety-six Eclipse plug-ins in SVN, but only five features; two of those don't seem to be used currently.

I'm going to start defining more features and would like input on that process.

Dan

Back to the top