[stem-dev] Follow up discussion after call today

Matthias, Armin, Jan, Dirk,

I just wanted to follow up on two of the weekly discussion topics we touched on the call today. Judy will be sending out the full agenda soon.
Also I wanted to ask you if would like to propose shifting the time of the call to make it easier for members of your team to attend.
The call is not required but most Eclipse projects have a phone call and now that your team are full committers we'd like your input on the time.

The particular follow up item(s) concern our pending release (V1.2) and our release process in general.
If we are to make the current release date we need to post the next STEM release candidate in a day or two which means we need to freeze the code.
We very much want (and already promised) the new Graphical Editor as a feature. Do we need to delay the release of STEM 1.2 to give you more time check in your
new changes? Do you need any help with your first check in. We also need to make sure there is a link to your new documentation page on the wiki. The link should probably go
 here
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/STEM#What.27s_New
and
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/STEM#STEM_Documentation:_Tutorials
perhaps under advanced guides.

Please let us know the earliest date by which you feel you could check in and freeze the Graphical Editor for Release 1.2. If necessary we will change the release date (unless you prefer
that we take it out of the release). Freeze does not mean you stop, only that that is the version that will get released. Once we branch the code you can continue to develop at your leisure.

Finally, Matt will be reaching out to you soon regarding improvements to our release process for the future. We want to start dialogue on ways to improve our process for:
i) setting release dates, release candidate dates
ii) listing dependencies and new plugins
iii) tracking documentation, etc.
and just making sure we are all in synch.

Thank you and Congratulations again!!
please respond to this by sending an email directly to stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Jamie

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477  (tie 457-2477)

Back to the top