Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:07:38 -0700
From: James Kaufman<kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [stem-dev] stem-dev Digest, Vol 25, Issue 3

I am all in favor of us making better use of stem-dev, and agree on it's
value - especially for people who are in other timezones.
Developers should absolutely use stem-dev for this purpose.

Regarding the call, it is already our practice that anyone can submit
agenda items to the call for discussion. These can certainly include
issues that require in depth discussion.

I do not want to restrict the call to only one topic per call. As Dan
points out, giving everyone an opportunity to speak does not take much
time.
The phone call is also intended as a vehicle for new users (not only
developers) to meet the team, describe their interests, and ask questions,
and make requests.

Yossi,
I like very much your suggestion on the building / releasing roadmap.
Right now the formal dates exist only in the metadata on the Eclipse
Website.
The leads are supposed to maintain this. To make it possible for others to
have input
on upcoming builds and releases I'm thinking we might want to add a wiki
page where
any developer can document changes (new features, new requirements) since
the last release.
We can also put the target dates for future integration builds and release
builds on this page (and of course make sure
the meta-data stays up to date. The wiki page could contain important
information that we can't list right now in the
metadata such as new plugins that must be added. What do you think?

Best Regards,
Jamie

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email:kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477  (tie 457-2477)

Back to the top